A Human Resources Audit (or HR Audit) is a comprehensive method (or means) to review current human resources policies, procedures, documentation and systems to identify needs for improvement and enhancement of the HR function as well as to assess compliance with ever-changing rules and regulations. An Audit involves systematically reviewing all aspects of human resources, usually in a checklist fashion.
- Identification of compliance violations and compliance risks.
- Recommended solutions to address concerns.
- HR compliance guidelines and training materials.
- Recommendations to create a legally safe working environment.
- Hiring and Onboarding
- Performance evaluation process
- Termination process and exit interviews
- Job descriptions
- Form review
- Personnel file review
HR Compliance Review:
- Review required forms, records and posting requirements.
- Identify potential lawsuit risk areas and receive ideas on how to minimize them.
- Review exemption status (exempt or non-exempt) under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Assess potential discrimination practices, harassment and retaliation.
- Create a compliant safe work environment with consistent, fair, optimal employment practices.